When we think of Malaysia as an ideal tourist destination, culture, history, lush rainforests and beautiful islands all come to mind. But have we ever wondered why theme parks are always left out of this list?
They are vibrant, lively, engaging and definitely fun for the whole family. So why not consider one of the following theme parks as park of your holiday plans. Time to mark those calendars folks!
#1 Legoland, Johor
Relive your childhood on a bigger scale at none other than Legoland, where everything is lego-ed. Not only is it popular amongst the locals but many from Singaporean drive here for a long fun-filled weekend.
- Though children centered, there are areas within the park catered to those familiar with Lego.
- Accommodations are available within the vicinity, along with the Market Restaurant which sells local and western cuisines, and a great shopping experience.
- There is also a water park within Legoland with 20 over slides to enjoy.
Legoland has many packages and combos that flexibly caters to head counts, age, stay duration and more. You also have the convenience of booking entry tickets online to avoid queuing up, tickets getting sold out and other hassles.
Click here for more information on their pricing.
Address: 7, Jalan Legoland, Bandar Medini Iskandar Malaysia, 79250 Iskandar Puteri
(Nusajaya), Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: +607 – 597 8888
Operating Hours: 9am – 6pm (Daily)
#2 Sunway Lagoon, Selangor
Sunway Lagoon has long been known as a main attraction within the Klang Valley. It has exhilarating rides and adrenaline pumping activities which sets the tone for all kinds of fun. It is always crowded with visitors from the moment the gates open until they close for the day.
- There are 88 unique attractions, rides and activities scattered across 5 areas – the Water Park, Amusement Park, Wildlife Park, Extreme Park and Scream Park.
- Sunway Lagoon is often a preferred venue for global events and performances by global superstars.
- Sunway Pyramid is a well known shopping mall located nearby Sunway Lagoon.
|Admission Ticket||Entrance Fee|
|Child (12 years old and below)||RM 141.50|
|Adult (13 years old and above)||RM 169.80|
|Senior citizen (60 years old and above)||RM 141.50|
Said fees do not include other attractions and facilities (locker and equipment rental) within the theme park, incurring additional charges to enjoy.
Sunway Lagoon also provides express passes, known as Quack Express to bypass the dreaded queues for entrance tickets and multiple park attractions.
Find out more about their pricing from their official website.
Address: 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-5639 0000
Operating Hours: 10am – 6pm (Daily)
#3 Teluk Bahang Escape Theme Park, Penang
Escape the bustling city life into the great outdoors at Teluk Bahang Escape Theme Park (pun intended). An unconventional theme park to begin with, it focuses on the good old days where climbing tree, getting bruised and scratched in the great outdoors was the in thing.
- All rides and attractions are in a natural setting (in mother nature).
- Safety procedure and measure are their utmost priority ensuring all visitors safely enjoy their attractions.
Their prices vary accordingly to age, walk-in or upfront booking and associations (family & friends, company or school)
You can also purchase their ESCAPE Passport, which grants the holder multiple entries throughout the year. The below are the respective pricing:
|Junior Kids (4-12 years old)||RM 575.00|
|Big Kids (13-60 years old)||RM 925.00|
|Super Kids (61-100+ years old)||RM 570.00|
Further information about pricing can be found on their official website.
Address: 828 Jalan Teluk Bahang, 11050 Penang, Malaysia
Tel: +604-8811 106
Operating Hours: Tuesday – Sunday: 10am – 6pm
#4 District 21 Indoor Theme Park, Putrajaya
District 21 is an indoor theme park with loads of activities which puts your fitness level, strength, agility and problem solving skills to the test. They also have their very own Ninja Warrior obstacle course that you could try out.
- Visitors are provided non-stick socks and protective gloves and later briefed on the safety measure and precautions.
- Trampolines, zip lines, puzzles, high-speed slides and more await visitors upon entry.
- It is now compulsory to wear sport shoes to engage in the activities.
- Open to team building events, birthday celebrations, school trips and more.
|Weekdays (Mon-Fri)||RM 64.00|
|Weekends, Public & School Holidays||RM 89.00|
*Effective 1 June 2018
Address: AT-6, Level 1, IOI City Mall, Putrajaya 60520, Malaysia
Tel: 03-8328 8888
- Weekdays (Mon-Fri) – 12pm to 8pm
- Weekends, Public & School Holidays – 10am to 8pm
#5 Lost World of Tambun, Perak
The Lost World of Tambun has been around for some time. Despite being old-timers under this category, it is still far fetched from anything but a fun-filled theme park. It is surrounded by a lush tropical jungle, natural hot springs and limestones.
- The theme park is divided into 6 areas – Water Park, Amusement Park, Petting Zoo, Tiger Valley, Tin Valley and Adventure Park.
- Stay posted with their events and performances at the various locations within the theme park on their website.
There are various packages to choose, which cater to your agenda all at fairly reasonable rates. There are also additional tickets massages and beauty cares for sale on their official website as well.
They also provide an option to purchase passes online which allow visitors to fully utilize their time at the theme park.
Address: No. 1, Persiaran Lagun Sunway 1, Sunway City Perak, Ipoh, 31150 Ipoh, Negeri Perak
Tel: +605 542 8888
- Weekdays (Mon-Fri): 11am – 6pm
- Weekends, School and Public Holidays: 10am – 6pm
* Closed on Tuesday, except on Malaysian school & public holidays.
#6 Austin Heights Adventure Park, Johor
Nothing is ever subtle in Austin Heights Park. Brace yourself for high-tempo adventure with loads of fun for the young and old. You will definitely be left exhausted and drained at the end of the day.
- The park is divided into 3 – Water Park, Adventure Park and Sports & Leisure Park.
- Jaw dropping water slides and more await you at the Water Park.
- The Adventure Park consist of 51 obstacles and challenges that will keep first timers and adrenaline seekers engrossed.
- The Sports & Leisure Park provides an equally exhilarating option when the weather gets gloomy.
- Open to team building events, birthday parties and more.
There are separate pricing placed per entry for each park (excluding the Sports & Leisure Park) and periodic entry passes but to get the most out of your time here, it is best to go for their combo packages:
|Water Park + Adventure Park One Day Pass||RM 150.00|
|Water Park + Adventure Park Annual Pass||RM 488.00|
|Adventure Park + Jump Street One Day Pass||RM 100.00|
|Water Park (above 120cm) + Jump Street (60 mins)||RM 100.00|
|Water Park (120cm & below) + Jump Street (60 mins)||RM 90.00|
|2 Pax – Jump Street (60 mins) + Skating Rink (includes socks, excludes shoes)||RM 99.00|
|2 Pax – Jump Street (60 mins) (includes Socks) + Drift Kart (10 mins)||RM 88.00|
There is an option to book your tickets online which offers convenience instead of lining up at the ticketing counters.
You can find respective pricings from their official website.
Address: 71, Jalan Austin Heights 8/1, Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: +6019 716 3183
Operating Hours: 10am – 7pm (Daily)
#7 Skytrex Adventure, Selangor
Skytrex Adventure is a haven for nature lovers. Walk from tree to tree across suspended bridges and enjoy the fresh clean air and lush greenery. It is a good and healthy escape from the hectic city life without having to venture far from the Klang Valley.
- Aside from the treetop strolls, there are flying foxes, rope walking, monkey bars and more for adrenaline junkies.
- Various challenges within the park range from beginner, intermediate and advanced – all with differing routes and challenges.
- Open for corporate events, team buildings, private parties and more.
Price range differ according to route difficulty, online or walk-in ticket purchase and the various add-ons such as a gloves, certificate, bottle holder, locker rental and more.
Additionally, they provide criterias like a person’s height and weight required to be eligible for certain difficulty levels. Their telematches (which are exclusive to groups) and use of other facilities within the park will incur additional charges.
More information on their pricing can be found in their online brochure.
Address: Jalan Liku 8/1, Seksyen 8, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor
Tel: +6013-276 9841
- Tuesdays – Fridays: 9am – 1pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays: 8am – 3pm
#8 Movie Animation Park Studio, Perak
Fun Fact: Movie Animation Park Studio (MAPS) is the first animation theme park in Asia! There are loads of thrilling rides, performances, shows and an array of entertainment catered to many of all ages.
- Over 40 attractions in 6 thematic zones.
- There are various resorts located within close proximity to the theme park.
|Children (3-12 years old)||RM 150.00|
|Adult (13-59 years old)||RM 190.00|
|Senior Citizen (60 years old and above)||RM 150.00|
Although their off peak prices stand on a higher end, MAPS tend to provide offers that may help save up on your entrance tickets. You can find their current ticket pricings at their official website.
Address: Animation Theme Park Sdn. Bhd. Plot E-BO3, Persiaran Meru Raya 3. Bandar Meru Raya, 30020 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: +605 501 5666 (Office)
Operating Hours: 10am – 6pm (Daily)
#9 Jump Street, Selangor
If you live a healthy and active lifestyle, then Jump Street is the place to be. This indoor theme park is regarded as Asia’s largest trampoline park and will undoubtedly leave you jumping for joy throughout your time here. It is perfect for family and friends, especially over the weekends, holidays or during semester breaks.
- Open to corporate events, school field trips, parties and more.
- Incorporate jumping into various everyday sports and fun activities.
|General Admission||RM27 per hour|
Purchasing grip socks are a MUST for safety reasons. Simply remember to bring it the next time you visit Jumpstreet to be exempted from paying RM5 again.
Jumpstreet also encourages their visitors to book their ticket online to avoid missing out on limited jumping sessions and ticket counter queues.
Address: 8A, Jalan 13/6, Seksyen 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: 03-7969 1051
- Weekday (Mon-Fri): 11am – 9pm
- Weekend, Public & School holidays: 10am – 9pm
If children were to step away from their electronic devices, this is the place they would rather be. Kidzania is the most popular theme park in Malaysia today. It provides an interactive and entertaining avenue for children to explore real life occupations in a fun, safe and engaging environment.
- 100 unique activities designed to instill teamwork, independence and more in children.
- The park is compatible for children with special needs.
- Security personnel are always present to ensure the safety of the children.
- Open to birthday parties, corporate events, school visits and more.
Kidzania encourages their visitors to book their tickets online to avoid the congestion at counter queues by providing slightly cheaper prices for respective tickets. Prices are as stated below according to their official website:
|Category||Actual Price||Online Price|
|Baby (under 2 years old)||Free||Free|
|Toddler (2-3 years old)||RM41.00||RM36.90|
|Kids (4-17 years old)||RM85.00||RM76.50|
|Adult (18-59 years old)||RM45.00||RM40.50|
|Senior Citizens (60 years and above)||RM34.00||RM30.60|
For children with special needs, kindly contact 1300 88 KIDZ (5439) for booking arrangements.
Address: Curve NX, 18 Jalan PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Tel: 03-7969 1051
- Sunday – Friday – 10am – 5pm
- Saturday, Public & School Holidays – 10am – 7pm
*closed on Mondays except for public school & holidays
Sounds like fun! Wait no more, plan your holiday and squeeze a days or two for a fun filled family time at one of these theme parks. Some of these theme parks may require some travelling, so why not save your money and time by booking your bus ticket online at CatchThatBus. It’s seamless, convenient and easy – nuff said.